As we begin to think about a change of season, we come to you with updates on what’s been happening at BTR and new things to come!
What’s in the works at BTR:
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute (SPI) – Info Session – September 7, 2023; 11-11:30 am ET – Join SPI founder, Dr. Pat Ogden and SPI trainers Jacquie Compton and Susan Webb for this free Info Session to learn about this fabulous training opportunity. Register for free here
- Fluence IFS Workshop – September 8, 2023; 12-4 pm ET – “IFS, Psychedelics, and Anti-Oppression”. This workshop will explore the integration of Internal Family Systems with ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, from an anti-oppressive lens. Open to the entire BTR Community! Register here with 40% scholarship code BTR40.
- RLF Community Conversation September 12, 2023; 1-3pm ET – Join Relational Life Foundation and Deran Young as we co-host a discussion around Shame Resilience. To learn more and register for this free gathering, visit here.
- Bringing Awareness to Biofeedback and Neuorfeedback with Harry Campbell – September 13, 2023; 12 pm ET – Join this BTR Community Gathering as we continue to delve into this exciting topic. Register for free here.
- Relational Life Foundation – Relationship Skills Bootcamp in the D.C. Metro Area – Oct. 14-15, 2023 – BTR members are invited to come together for an in-person, shared experience! We will do our own work to examine how we show up in relationships, all while learning about a therapeutic methodology that is transformative to relationships and will enhance your practice. Come alone or bring a colleague! Learn more and apply here.
What’s new at BTR:
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute – New Partnership!
We’re honored and excited to be partnering with SPI, whose vision is to harness the innate wisdom of the body to liberate human potential. Level 1 SP Training begins in January and we are offering scholarships! Learn about the partnership here.
- Important – SPI Training Info Session – September 7, 2023; 11-11:30 am ET. Join SPI Founder, Dr. Pat Ogden, and SPI trainers Jacquie Comptom and Susan Webb for this information session to learn all about the training. Register for free here.
The Embody Lab – New Partnership!
Our new partnership with The Embody Lab is exciting and there has been a lot of interest from the BTR community to join The Embody Lab’s 2023 Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate Training which will run from September 26th to December 15th, 2023. We have limited scholarships available – apply here by September 5th if you are interested!
Black Therapists Rock is pleased to support members of our community by offering workshops for the coming year. If you are a licensed clinician and a paid member (BTR Rock Star), you are welcome to submit a proposal to give a presentation to our audience. Members can apply to speak here. Thank you for your patience as we will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Become a Rockstar Today!
A BTR Rockstar is a member that has an active paid annual membership. This membership allows us to continue to form dynamic partnerships with organizations such as Brene Brown, Fluence, MAPS and Therapy Wisdom (visit our partnership page for more info). Your membership also awards you exclusive access to scholarships and discount opportunities to courses and events. Among other benefits; a private community of over 30,000 therapists, exclusive BTR member meetups, and much more.
Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to know about these and other amazing opportunities that we have in store!